Level 1 teacher training
FALMOUTH LEVEL 1 250HR TEACHER TRAINING
Falmouth Course Snapshot. Our next course will begin in November 2018, see details below.
Taught by Keren Cooksey (SYT Yoga Alliance), our 250-hour vinyasa course is devoted to excellence, exploration, creativity and community. Designed for those who want to embark on the journey of becoming a teacher or for teachers who want to enhance their skills, our teacher training program will equip you with a comprehensive set of tools so that you flourish as both an informed practitioner and creative teacher of yoga. This takes time, effort, and commitment.
Our training takes place over the course of a year. The full Teacher Training Program comprises 10 weekends, and meets Yoga Alliance’s requirement for certification at their 200 hour level. The course is suitable for people with at least 2 years regular yoga practice and a proven commitment to further developing their understanding of yoga.
Keren has been teaching for over 15 years and has been running teacher training courses for over 6 years both here and in her Brisbane studio, in total she has trained over a 100 teachers and she LOVES IT. Each year Keren also brings in external senior teachers to enrich the course and provide the trainees with a new way of looking at things – in the past this has included the amazing Kelly Kamm from New York, Tamara James from Australia, Jacqulynn St Pierre from Austin, Texas and Josh Michaell from San Fran. Keren feels very fortunate in her own yoga journey to have trained with some of the most inspiring teachers the world over and will continue to lure those teachers to Falmouth to inspire the students here. To read more about Keren and here own style/training/journey please click here.
And please note, while this course is predominately a vinyasa teacher training, Keren will share with you the depth of her teaching from a variety of style including Hatha, Kundalini, Jivamukti and Anusara to ensure you leave the course able to teach any body
What you can therefore expect from this teacher training is a rich, varied, fun, challenging year that will encourage you to look at yoga and yourself in new ways and hopefully will be the start of a journey into yoga that will last a lifetime.
- The course will be run one weekend per month over 10 months, Fri-Sun
- Weekend hours Friday 7-9pm, Saturday 10.30am-6pm and Sunday 9am-5pm
- As well as study modules, you will need to complete a certain amount of classes, as well as class observations, class assists and towards the end of the course and practice teaching classes
- In 2018 Keren will be joined by senior yoga teacher Amanda Brown and there will be an additional visiting teacher TBC.
- For the duration of the course, classes with Keren are included and you can purchase a ten class pass for the other teachers at the student rate of £55
- There is monthly homework which needs to be handed in on time as part of the accreditation criteria
- The course will include two final exams, one practical and one theory
- The course is accredited with Yoga Alliance UK and will enable you to register as a 200 hour level 1 yoga teacher
- Keren is registered as a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance having studied over 1000 hours of training herself and taught for 15 years
- The course costs £2050 early bird (payable by 1st July 2018 in full) or £2250 after 1st July 2018 or if choosing a monthly payment plan (£500 deposit and £175 per month)
- The 250 hour course is meant to serve as an introduction to your path as a teacher- continuous study is essential and Keren can recommend further trainings in the UK or overseas as well as offering CPD and level 2 courses in Falmouth
- To apply, please click on the link below.
- Successful applicants should be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. This is not a tick and flick course. Please think seriously about the commitment involved in undertaking this course and ensure you can attend all modules and allow the time required for classes and homework. Paying for the course does not result in accreditation as a yoga teacher, meeting the course requirements (classes, homework, exam, practice) and showing passion and commitment will result in certification.
For more information or to apply please email Keren or complete the application form and Keren will be in touch to arrange a short interview to complete your application.