“I can remember my first ever time teaching a yoga class with absolute clarity. I wasn’t nervous. I was probably over confident truth be told and I proceed to teach this poor group of unsuspecting beginners a DYNAMIC vinyasa class including a few visits to bakasana (google the pose and cringe with me). Poor people. I can’t believe they kept coming back to be honest. Then I went back to India to practice in the Sivananda tradition and after that I suddenly realised how much I didn’t know and I went to the other extreme, too nervous to chant OM, too scared to teach inversions in case I snapped a neck or two. And it was only time and the mentoring of a wonderful teacher in Brisbane (Tamara James of Yoga Physio in Brisbane) that I began to really blossom and began to LOVE teaching.
My mentoring program is for new teachers who would like to delve a little deeper into their own practice and fine tune their teaching skills. The mentoring program includes one day a month face-to-face for 12 months, weekly phone or email catch-ups and help whenever it’s needed in-between those times!”
The mentoring program includes:
- Teaching with confidence (yoga language, voice projection and verbal cues)
- The business of yoga (including marketing, budgeting and establishing your business)
- Creative sequencing
- How to teach beginners (often harder than leading advanced classes)
- Teaching advanced asana safely
- Delving deeper into the philosophy and learning how to infuse your classes with this wisdom (including the Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and the Chakras)
- Bhakti yoga (my passion) taking a look at the glorious myths, mudra and mantra
Fore more info please click mentoring program or drop me a line. The cost for the mentoring program is £105 per month or £1100 if paid in full for the year.