Prenatal training with Keren & Amanda – 75 hours
Join Keren and Amanda in Spring 2019 for a deep immersion into pre and post natal yoga.
- Your course will be run over three long weekends (March-May 2019) from Fri-Sun and will include homework and practice teaching between modules.
- Weekend hours Friday 9.30-4pm, Saturday 10.30-6pm and Sunday 9.30am-4.30pm
- The course will include a final exam, made up of a practical assessment and a written exam. There will also be reading assignments and homework given throughout the course
- The course is registered with Yoga Alliance and on successful completion you will be a certified prenatal yoga teacher
- The course is open to all yoga teachers with a 200hr accreditation or those undertaking an accredited teacher training
- Keren is a vinyasa yoga teacher, has undertaken over 1000 of teacher training in various styles including kundalini, vinyasa, hatha and ayurveda, she is a YAI senior teacher, a mother of a wild child, director of Falmouth Yoga Space and has completed both prenatal and women’s health trainings. Amanda has been teaching for almost 30 years, is a qualified Iyengar teacher but now teaches her unique style of yoga and complimentary movement therapies, she is a mother of a grown up child and has completed extensive training in prenatal and women’s health – this course will be unique in its blend of our experiences and trainings.
During this course we will delve into all aspects of prenatal yoga looking in depth at the three trimesters, understanding the fears associated with pregnancy, the milestones and how we can help as teachers to alleviate fears and help women enjoy their pregnancies.
We will learn how to plan classes for women in each trimester, safe postures, sequencing, addressing potential areas for concern, how to cope with emotional issues and the anatomy of a pregnant woman.
In addition we will look at alignment and safe adjustments for all three trimesters. Using props in prenatal yoga, partner yoga in pregnancy and yoga nidra for pregnancy.
And of course we will joyfully delve into meditations and mantras for the pregnant Mama!
In our postnatal yoga module, we will discuss:
· Understanding the changed body and mind
· 40 days Post Partum.
· Foods Postpartum
· Hormonal changes
· Postnatal depression
· Pelvic floor prolapse
· When is it safe for a woman to return to yoga and how to plan an appropriate yoga class
. Mums and bubs yoga classes
The course will cost £595 and will require 100% participation to ensure accreditation.
To register your interest please email email@example.com